Communications and Design Coordinator
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Antonio Alaniz by November 4, 2018.
FarmHer was created to shine a light on women in agriculture. This is accomplished through many facets of the company, including our communications activities. FarmHer’s Communications + Design Coordinator will create the assets needed to communicate the FarmHer brand in a variety of areas and will report to FarmHer Operations and Digital Strategy. The individual selected for this position will be instrumental in ensuring all details of the design and communications are executed efficiently and effectively.
A successful candidate in this position will exude strong design, organization and communication skills. As a self-starter, the candidate will be able to identify areas of need with each campaign, effectively create the written and graphic design assets needed, and execute delivery to the appropriate channel.
This part-time position has the potential for full-time employment based on growth and success of the candidate selected.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating brand-relative content for digital channels including website, social media, Google and more.
- Planning, designing and executing email blasts.
- Photographing merchandise, events or other FarmHer brand related areas as needed.
- Writing and editing copy for the various communications channels.
- Developing promotional pieces for FarmHer events and overall brand promotion.
- Understanding the market and ensuring the branded content is achieving overall goals.
- Communicating and coordinating with external vendors and our internal personnel.
- Representing the FarmHer brand in a positive light.
- Coordinating the content needed based on predefined events and merchandise promotional calendar.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Creating promotions and campaigns.
- Writing press releases.
Qualified candidate must have:
- A strong connection to, a working knowledge of, and an in-depth perspective of graphic design principles.
- An ability to write copy for content.
- A desire to help FarmHer meet its mission of shining a light on women in agriculture.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as technology skills.
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems without the need to consult others.
- Ability to handle situations under pressure, prioritize obligations and meet short deadlines as needed.
- Excellent time management, organization and attention to detail.
- Degree preferred in marketing, graphic design, mass communications, or agriculture related field.
- Working knowledge of the agriculture industry or, at the very least, an understanding of appropriate terminology.
Preference will be given to those candidates who can commute to the FarmHer office in Urbandale, IA at least 3 days a week. This position will directly report to FarmHer’s VP of Operations and Digital Strategy and will work closely with the President and Events Manager.